Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Hosting Admitted Students Last Weekend! (Part 2)

Even though I knew that I was going to attend Barnard by the time my Admitted Students’ Open House came around (I applied Early Decision to Barnard), I gained absolute assurance that I had chosen the perfect school for me during that weekend. After that, my love for Barnard kept getting deeper and deeper. As a current student, I really wanted to help prospective students make the decision to attend Barnard and fall in love with it as I have. So, I was super excited to host prospective students last weekend.

With my admitted students at Open House
On Saturday night, I went to the ice cream social to meet the two students I would be hosting over the weekend. I was fortunate enough to be given two amazing ladies, Helen and Jilliann, who were both from Southern California. Even though they were exhausted from their long flight and a busy day packed with events, they willingly stayed up long into the night to hear about the experience of my first year. Just looking at them reminded me of how excited I was at my admitted students’ weekend and couldn’t believe that a year had passed since then. Although I wished I had more time with them to talk about the greatness of Barnard, I was delighted when they told me that this weekend made them put Barnard on the very top of their college choice list and thanked me for being so supportive of them and enthusiastic about Barnard.
 
Helen and Jilliann will keep me posted about their final decisions in the coming weeks. I am really hopeful that I will see them around campus next September!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment